Breakfast with the Easter Bunny will take place on Saturday, March 28, 2015 from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. at the East Rutherford Community Center.
News - Recent Notices & Announcements
No collection on Monday, February 16, 2015
No collection on Monday, February 16; please check your collection calendar for changes. No heavy trash collection on Wednesday, February 18.
Collection change (as of 2/9/15)
No heavy trash this week. East end collection for garbage and recycling will be collected on Wednesday, 2/11; closed Thursday for Lincoln's Birthday 2/12.
Snow emergency ordinance
We would like to advise residents of a recently-passed ordinance instituting restricted parking on certain roadways during snow fall. Signs will be posted on the affected streets as soon as possible.
NEW ORDINANCE NO. 2014-22 - SNOW EMERGENCY
AN ORDINANCE TO AMEND AND SUPPLEMENT CHAPTER 285 OF THE CODE OF THE BOROUGH OF EAST RUTHERFORD ENTITLED “VEHICLES AND TRAFFIC” SO AS TO MODIFY THE PARKING REGULATIONS ON CERTAIN STREETS DURING A SNOW EMERGENCY.
BE IT ORDAINED BY THE MAYOR AND COUNCIL OF THE BOROUGH OF EAST RUTHERFORD:
1Subsection A. of Section 285-51 of the Code of the Borough of East Rutherford is amended and supplemented to read as follows:
A.Whenever snow has fallen and the accumulation is such that it covers the street or highway, a snow emergency shall exist, and no vehicle shall be parked on the following streets or highways or portions thereof:
Name of Street and Location:
- Paterson Avenue: Both sides – entire length
- Carlton Avenue: Both sides – entire length
- Park Avenue: Both sides – entire length
- Hackensack Street: Both sides – entire length
- Hoboken Road: Both sides – entire length
- Elm Street: East side only – entire length
- Grant Street: East side only – entire length
- Locust Lane: East side only – entire length
- Wall Street: West side only – entire length